Who we are
The Philippine Business Council of Abu Dhabi (PBC-AD), is an organization formed on 12th June 2003 as a business group composed of businessmen, entrepreneurs and professionals connected with local companies who share a common interest in developing local business, and trade and investment between the Philippines and United Arab Emirates.
The Council’s objectives are:
- To provide a forum for exchange of knowledge and resources beneficial to the common business interest of its members
- To establish strong relationship with government agencies, Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce, trade associations and the international business community with the purpose of developing bilateral trade, investment and tourism
- To encourage Philippine companies and business persons to establish operations in the UAE and to promote entrepreneurship amongst Filipinos in Abu Dhabi
With the favorable endorsement of the Department of Foreign Affairs of the Philippines, on December 2003, PBC-AD was granted full membership by the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ADCCI) on 22nd March 2004. The Council has also received its commercial license to operate from the Abu Dhabi Municipality in order to implement its program and activities.
- To promote private sector trade and investment between the Philippines and the UAE.
- To provide assistance, advice and promotional support to the Filipino business people in the UAE.
Our vision is to become a catalyst of economic growth for council members and Overseas Filipinos for the mutual benefit of the host and home country.